Unexpected Blessings

I spent today not only helping my husband with graphics for his website, http://infinitepossibilitygames.com/, but working on putting up my own website. We've decided that in addition to looking for full time work outside the home, we will also go ahead and pursue entrepreneurship as well. Many unexpected blessings came out of this simple effort to get a website together. I'll share them with you, because this is how God works. When we make an effort to do what He wants us to do, the blessings just seem to come.

The first unexpected blessing to come out of today was finding files I thought I had lost forever. My primary hard drive crashed just a little over four weeks ago, and I was afraid I'd lost these files. Fortunately, we had been transferring files from that hard drive to our new computer's hard drive. I just wasn't sure what had gotten saved and what hadn't. I'd been unable to locate these and thought they were gone. These files include scanned images of my grandfather's diary, samples of graphic design work I've done in the past, and photos of my family and friends. It was such a pleasant surprise to find them that I could have cried.

The second unexpected blessing to come out of today was finding a FREE program that will help me to create an image rotator for my website, something I badly wanted but was afraid was too complex for my limited web design skills to put together. I now have yet another tool in my arsenal to transform my vision into reality, and hopefully better sell my services.

Of course, the work I've done has also meant that I've been able to add to my portfolio of graphic design work to show off. I feel more confident in my abilities than I ever have, and this led me to my third unexpected blessing: an awareness of just how many talents and gifts I do possess. I'm actually an incredibly well-rounded individual and I am not just referring to my waistline, either :P. This, of course, does not mean I need to grow arrogant or to boast in what I can do. It simply means that I have more reasons to share what I have with others, and a greater responsibility to do so.

A fourth unexpected blessing also came today in that my brother sent us a text message. I haven't heard from him in probably two months, and it's always a blessing when I do. I don't think he knows how much I love him, or how much I miss him when he isn't in regular contact. His text is a blessing in more ways than one, because it reminds me that I don't need to take my friends and family for granted. Life is too short for that. I know there are more blessings than these, but these are the ones that come to mind. May you have unexpected blessings, too.

Comments