Exciting News: Rescue My Marriage, Family, and Relationships Is Here!

For the last six months, I have been working with a friend who is in prison to help him publish his first book: Rescue My Marriage, Family, and Relationships.  Today, this project has been finished and released to the public.  I'm proud of the work that he and I have done on this, and I want to share it with my readers.  The book is $11.99 in print and $4.99 in ebook format.  I encourage those who are skeptical to download and read it, then give it an honest review. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you find.

When I first began corresponding with Dr. Webster back in March of 2011, I really didn't know what to expect.  I agreed to review his manuscript and see whether it was something I felt that I could publish, or at least help him to get into digital format so that he could find a publisher.  I will admit to being very skeptical when the manuscript came to me, since Dr. Webster isn't married, has a mark on his record for sexual assault, and isn't Catholic.  I wondered whether this book could really deliver on its promise to rescue marriages, families, and relationships.

After reading it, though, I wasn't skeptical.  I knew it could help others, with some editing. Dr. Webster and I had points of theology where we disagreed, but he was humble in his willingness to listen to those points and allow me to make the adjustments necessary so that I could proceed in good conscience.  He has been patient as he has waited for six months for this book to come to fruition, and endured no small number of set backs as I had to work around my own limited budget and the complications in my own life.

One of my favorite quotes from the book comes in Chapter 7: Submit to One Another under the heading Authentic Masculinity:
To be a man is to possess the strength to love others without hurting them. To be a man is to experience the courage to accept another’s weaknesses, as well as to carry the knowledge of their potential. To be a man is to keep faith with human values in relationship, not to value oneself by position or material possessions. To be a real man, and to be a good man, is to be free to give love and to be fully accepting of love in return.
 I think too many men this day get caught up in society's teaching that their manhood is proven by how many women they can convince to come to bed with them.  Words like that quote from Dr. Webster remind men that their strength is in how well they love others, and that's a Christian model any man should be proud to follow.

This book may offend some, and I am okay with that.  The truth will often make you miserable before it sets you free, but I have no doubts about its content.  I know it can help. I know because my husband and I have made virtually every mistake a married couple can make and remain married, and what has healed our marriage is doing some of the very things that Dr. Webster recommends.   If I had the money, I would gladly pay full price to buy every person who is struggling with their marriage a copy and give them out for free.

I hope you'll consider giving his book a try.  If you like it, I hope you'll tell your friends about it. I know there is a lot of marriage-saving advice to be found in those pages, if you'll only open your hearts and minds to receive the wisdom.  Thanks!



Comments