In Search of Beta Readers

This week, I announced the big news (big for me anyway) that God had chosen my husband and I to work on a Rosary Awareness Mission.  To help kick it off, I have written two books on the rosary.  One is intended for children, one is intended for adults.  I am writing this because I desperately need help with beta readers.  You do not have to be Catholic to be a beta reader. In fact, I would welcome some non-Catholic voices in the mix to give me perspective on whether what I am saying makes sense to you.  You get to read the books before anyone else, and in exchange you let me know what areas you liked, what problem areas you found, and what your thoughts are on the books over all.  That's the basic premise.

The first book is called Praying the Gospels: The Mysteries and Meanings of the Rosary.  The book is geared toward adult Catholics or people who are studying Catholicism who would like to understand what the rosary really is, why we pray the prayers we pray, and what the gospel passages have to teach us about our walk of faith as Christians.   The second book is called Mysteries of the Rosary: A Choose-Your-Path adventure for Catholic kids.  This is primarily a fictional narrative to help children become excited about the rosary and to help them understand how praying the rosary can help them better live their faith as Christians.  Although it can certainly be read to children of younger ages, it is geared toward ages 10 and older.  Both of these books are very short reads, less than 16,000 words each, so it shouldn't take you long to get through them.

If you would be interested in volunteering as a beta reader, please send an email to me at brandymmiller at gmail.com with a subject line of the book you'd like to beta read. Yes, you can be a beta reader for both books if you have the time.  I will be choosing 10 people from among the people that volunteer to read it. Space is limited so be sure to get your request in quickly. I would like to have the children's book available for people to download at the beginning of the summer, if possible.

If you are good at editing and would like to help me edit and proof-read, I would love to have you on board.  If you can read and write in a language other than English, and would like to help me translate these books into another language, please let me know.  The more people I can reach with these books, the bigger an impact our mission begins to have.

If you read this blog and know someone who might be interested in beta reading, editing, or proof-reading, please forward it along and ask them to contact me.  I need  your help to make these books a reality.  Thanks again for all your support, and God bless.

Comments